Our competition law department is known for its commercially oriented solutions, by developing optimal synergies with the other practices (corporate law, taxation, banking etc) of the firm. It is involved in transactions from the very beginning and anticipates all possible competition law risks for its clients.
Moreover, our department has a close and well appreciated cooperation with the competent authorities domestically and at EU level. There are often cases in the electronic communications and energy sector where we combine the competition law expertise with the experience in sector specific regulation.
We also litigate cases, where necessary, assisted by our partners in the administrative law or civil litigation department. Finally we are referred cases from international firms and in some cases we belong to their national counsel panel for competition law cases (e.g. Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Jones Day).
Finally, our department is present in all debates, conferences and advocacy initiatives for the shaping and development of competition law and policy in Greece.
In particular, services provided include:
● cartel investigations - compliance and leniency programmes
● horizontal agreements - cooperative joint ventures and alliances
● vertical agreements - distribution systems and agency - franchising - technology transfer
● abuse of dominance - pricing and non pricing abuses - interface with IP rights – interface with exclusive rights
●sector specific competition rules (e.g. Electronic Communications, Electricity and Gas, Transport, Broadcasting) - ex ante regulation
● sector inquiries – public consultations
● merger filings - full function JVs - multijurisdictional filings
● third interested parties - merger opposition – market surveys
State aid rules
● individual aid and aid schemes - notifications
● interface with privatisation and public procurement matters
Litigating competition law cases (before Greek and EU courts):
● actions for annulment against Hellenic Competition Commission’s decisions before the Athens Appellate Court – interventions
● actions for annulment against European Commission decisions before the General Court of EU
● referrals to the Court of Justice of the EU for preliminary rulings
● actions for damages before Greek civil Courts for violations of antitrust rules
● actions for damages before Greek administrative courts (illegal state aid cases)