Public Procurement and Concessions
KLF has extensive experience in Public Procurement and Concessions and covers a wide spectrum of industries, such as indicatively infrastructure, transport, energy and telecommunications. KLF has acted in major concession projects, such as the Athens International Airport concession, the Maliakos-Kleidi Motorway concession and, very recently, the Regional Airports concession.
Our public procurement team offers legal advice to potential bidders on a wide array of public procurement related issues, which include the following:
● Interpretation and implementation of the European and national legislation governing public procurement and public law contracts
● Preparation of bids for participation in public tenders for the award of public procurement contracts
● Legal support in the course of the tender procedure
● Drafting, negotiation and implementation of public procurement and public concession contracts
● Specialized legal support in project finance planning
● Challenging of award decisions when in breach of the pertinent public procurement rules, both before administrative authorities and before administrative courts
● Legal support in dispute resolution before administrative authorities, courts and courts of arbitration, both during the tender procedure and in the course of the project implementation (objections, recourses, petitions for interim measures etc.)
- The consortium formed by Fraport AG and Copelouzos Group was awarded by the HRADF on 25 November 2014, following a two staged international public tender, the concession for the upgrade, maintenance, management and operation of both clusters of 14 in total regional airports of the Hellenic Republic by means of two concession agreements (one per each cluster of airports) signed on 14 December 2015.
Our firm advised the consortium formed by Fraport AG and Copelouzos Group throughout the privatization tender process for the award of the operation and maintenance of both clusters (14 in total) of the regional airports of the Hellenic Republic as well as following the award thereof during the implementation stage all the way to signing of the Concession Agreements and is furthermore currently advising the above consortium during the completion process in relation to the fulfilment of the conditions precedent towards reaching Completion/ Concession Commencement.
- Advising an international consortium interested for the tender of the new Kasteli (Heraklion) International Airport.with respect to its participation in all stages of the on-going international tender process for the construction and operation of a new major international airport on the island of Crete (in the area of Kasteli).
- Our Firm has also advised the Aegean Motorway Group (members of which are Hochtief, Vinci and Ellaktor), being the Concessionaire in connection with the New Tolls Road Maliakos-Kleidi concession, one of the three largest Greek toll road projects (above €1 billion). In particular, Koutalidis Law Firm has advised the Concessionaire from the initial tender process until financial close and continues to advise on an ongoing basis.
For more info please contact: