Nikos has extensive experience in Banking, Finance & Restructuring, Capital Markets, Project Finance, and M&A practices.
He is particularly active in complicated projects of these practices and has been repeatedly acknowledged by international legal associations for his successful track record. Indicatively, he has been named “market leader”, “stellar lawyer” and hall of fame lawyer.
- London University (LL.M. in International Business Law)
- University of Athens Faculty of Laws (LL.B.)
- Partner in Koutalidis Law Firm.
- Member of the Athens Bar Association.
- IFLR 1000 - Banking & Finance (Greece), Market Leader
- IFLR 1000 - Capital Markets (Greece), Market Leader
- IFLR 1000 - M&A (Greece), Market Leader
- Legal 500 EMEA - Banking & Finance (Greece), Market Leader
Recent work includes advice to:
- Advising a syndicate of the Greek systemic banks in connection with the refinancing of the existing indebtedness to such banks of Athens International Airport S.A. (“AIA”),
- Alpha Bank on its €2.55bn recapitalization,
- Steering Committee of 40 banks and insurance companies, holding 40.8% of Greek debt, on the Euro206bn PSI2,
- Credit Agricole on the Euro5bn sale of Emporiki,
- HFSF on the acquisition by Piraeus Bank of 300 Greek branches of Cyprus Popular Bank, Bank of Cyprus and the Hellenic Bank (as part of Cypriot bail-in),
- Syndicate of Greek systemic banks on the €2.3bn long term facility to Public Power Corporation,
- ISDA on the deliverability of Greek Bonds and CDS,
- Super Senior Lenders on Wind Hellas’€3.5bn and €1.8bn restructurings,
- Regency on its €1bn debt restructuring,
- Bank consortium on the €550m financing and debt restructuring of Neochmiki,
- Deutsche Telekom on the acquisition of 40% in OTE,
- Advice to Alpha Bank on its €30bn EMTN and $7.5bn USMTN,
- Sponsors on Maliakos-Kleidi €1bn Project Finance.