Effie heads the Corporate Finance Department of our Firm, advising regularly foreign and domestic banks in a broad range of financing transactions, including syndicated bond loans and capital market issues such as Eurobonds or high yield, as well as issues of Greek Government Bonds.
In recent years, she has also been advising Greek Banks and investors in relation to the sale and purchase of NPL portfolios, by way of securitisations or otherwise and the entry into servicing arrangements. Her practice also includes advising credit and financial institutions on debt and equity issues, as well as regulatory matters during their day to day operations or as part of M&A transactions.
- Queen Mary, University of London (LL.M. in International Business Law)
University of Athens, Faculty of Laws (LL.B.)
- Partner in Koutalidis Law Firm
- Member of the Athens Bar Association
- Solicitor of England and Wales
Legal 500 EMEA – Banking, Finance and Capital Markets (Greece), Next Generation Partners
- IFLR 1000 - Women Leaders (Greece)
IFLR 1000 - Banking & Finance (Greece), Rising Star Partner
IFLR 1000 - Capital Markets (Greece), Rising Star Partner
IFLR 1000 - M&A (Greece), Rising Star Partner
Banking & Finance (as up and coming in Chambers and Partners). According to the 2020 Chambers reports, clients highlight her business-focused approach and describe her as "excellent, well read and very responsive."
Recent work includes advice to:
- Viva Wallet on the agreement with J.P. Morgan to acquire an ownership stake of approximately 49% on a €1.5 billion valuation by JPM.
- Waterwheel Capital Management in one of the first secondary trades involving an NPL portfolio originated by Eurobank S.A.. The bank completed the securitisation of the €3.2bn portfolio consisting predominately of non-performing exposures of residential mortgage loans.
- Joint Lead Managers for the issuance of 10y tap issue of €2.5bn GGBs by the Hellenic Republic,
- Eurobank S.A. on the sale of its servicing subsidiary, FPS, (Project Europe),
- Piraeus Bank S.A. and its leasing subsidiaries (Piraeus Leasing S.A. and Piraeus Leases S.A.) on the sale of their NPL Portfolio (Project Iris),
- A foreign financial institution on the financing of the purchaser in a sale by the National Bank of Greece S.A. by way of securitization of an NPL portfolio to a joint venture of Centerbridge Partners LLP and Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited (Project Symbol).