Giota focuses on international and domestic direct and indirect taxation. She advises on corporate tax restructurings of domestic and international clients.
Her experience also includes providing legal assistance in respect of the taxation issues arising under M&A, financing and debt restructuring transactions, as well as on the sale and purchase of loan portfolios.
- Athens University of Economics and Business (Diploma in Greek Tax Law, 2020)
- University of Athens Faculty of Laws (MSc. in Tax Law, 2017)
- University of Athens Faculty of Laws, (LL.B., 2015)
Member of the Athens Bar Association
Recent work includes advice to:
- Advising Alpha Bank on its Euro 500M Senior Preferred bond issuance which has a 6.5-year maturity and is callable in year 5.5 with a coupon of 2.5% and a yield of 2.625%. The bond is listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange – EuroMTF Market,
- Alpha Bank on the demerger by way of hive-down of its banking sector,
- Participation in the team representing the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) in an LCIA Arbitration against OPAP’s major shareholder, focusing on matters of Greek tax Law,
- Alpha Bank on matters of Greek tax Law on the successful issuance of a landmark Euro 500 million Tier 2 subordinated bond,
- Foreign credit institution on the financing of an international consortium purchasing via securitisation an NPL portfolio sold by the National Bank of Greece,
- Eurobank Ergasias on the sale of 80% of the share capital of its subsidiary Eurobank Financial Planning Services to doValue S.p.A.,
- Piraeus Bank and Piraeus Leasing for the sale of an NPL Portfolio,
- A consortium of Banks on matters of Greek tax law in connection with a €525m high yield bond issue by the WIND Hellas group and the signing of a new €75m revolving credit facility.