Gregory focuses on international and domestic arbitration, complicated litigations, energy, public tenders, concessions, privatisations and commercial contracts. He is the Head of the Arbitration, Litigation and Mediation Department and Co-Head of the Projects & Privatisation and Real Estate Department of our Firm. Gregory has acted as head of the Procurement and Contracts Department of the Public Power Corporation for several years, where he is still active as senior counsel.
Chambers and Partners has stated that Gregory is “praised by market observers for his in-depth experience and his solid understanding of case law” and that “he is often called upon to assist in complex disputes and arbitrations.” Legal 500 has ranked the Arbitration, Litigation & Mediation Department of our Firm as Tier 1 and has stated that “Clients particularly recommend Gregory Logothetis, who is ‘undoubtedly the best litigator, with vast knowledge and experience not only in the litigation but also in the arbitration sector’”.
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich) (LL.B.)
- Member of the Piraeus Bar Association. Qualified before the Supreme Court of Greece.
- IBA Member
- Member of ICC Hellas
- Dispute Resolution (Greece) (ranked in the Hall of Fame by the Legal 500, ranked in Band 1 by Chambers and Partners Global and Europe)
- The 2020 Chambers and Partners reports: A pre-eminent figure in the legal market, Gregory Logothetis is recognised for his extensive experience in litigation and arbitration. ... Clients value his hands-on approach and say that "he drafts impeccable documents." "He has a quiet power; you can see his skill come to the fore in the courtroom".
The Legal 500 testimonials include that he is ‘undoubtedly a top expert’ and a “great team leader”, “dedicated to client’s interests” who “leads from the front”.
Recent work includes
- Representing a Motorway Concessionaire (controlled by companies such as Hochtief, Vinci, J&P) in over €200m arbitrations and litigation,
- Representing an airport Concessionaire in several ICC arbitrations versus the Greek State pertaining to the proper maintenance of the airports, the pavement of a regional airport and the impact of Covid-19 on the Concessionaire amounting in approximately €200m,
- Acting as co-counsel in a London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA) arbitration between our client, which is a Greek shipping company, and a Greek shipping company owned by an Italian conglomerate in connection with a sale and purchase of shares of a shipping company. The amount of the claim and counterclaim involved exceeded €120 million,
- Representing a major motorway operator in arbitration proceedings relating to the issuance of an operation permit for our client, with a potential object of dispute in the range of several millions,
- Advising GMR Group Limited with respect to the concession of the planned new international airport in Heraklion, Crete, Advising a Greek Pharmaceutical Company on issues pertaining to distribution agreements and relevant litigation, as well as before the Greek Council of State in several major cases,
- Defending a listed real estate company in litigation against claims of the Greek State with respect to land of a value above €200 million,
- Representing a Greek real estate company in a €25 million case against the local Municipality before the competent Greek Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court,
- Acting as co-counsel in ICC arbitration between the client, Public Power Corporation S.A., and Halyvourgiki Inc. in connection with a shareholders agreement, involving an amount of €270 million,
- Conducting litigation for public tenders and related to the performance of public contracts with values of several million for major foreign and domestic clients
- Representing two Greek systemic Banks on various multimillion cases before ordinary courts.
- Der finanzierte Abzahlungskauf