Nikitas focuses on all aspects of administrative law, with a special focus on environmental, urban and TMT issues and heads the TMT and the Administrative Law departments of the Firm. He is active in both the advisory and the litigation aspects of the field. His clients include telecom companies, water industries, medical diagnostic centers etc. He also regularly represents clients before the competent authorities and Courts clients on public tenders’ issues and advises them on all relevant issues.
He is also very active in pharmaceutical law cases advising clients on EU and Greek regulatory and compliance matters, preparing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements (including distribution agreements, collaborations agreements) and other and representing pharmaceutical companies before the administrative courts for various issues (promotion, marketing and licensing of medicines etc). Furtheremore, Nikitas is also focuses on anti-corruption (including FCPA) and data protection cases and has extensive experience in addressing relevant processes before the competent authorities.
- University of Paris II, Pantheon-Sorbonne (D.E.A.)
- University of Athens Faculty of Laws (LL.B.)
- Partner in Koutalidis Law Firm
- Head of TMT Department.
- Member of the Athens Bar Association qualified before the Supreme Court.
Chamber and Partners 2020 reports:
- TMT (band 1) Top-ranked practice with extensive experience advising major telecoms companies on contractual, transactional and compliance aspects. Also represents clients in commercial and regulatory disputes. Notable practitioners: Head of department Nikitas Fortsakis has long-standing experience in the TMT sector. He represents telecoms companies before civil and administrative courts, as well as the EETT. One client highlights "his directness and the certainty of his legal advice”.
- United Group B.V. in its acquisition of WIND Hellas, one of Greece’s three mobile operators with a total of 4.2 million users and revenues in excess of EUR 500 million annually.
Regularly advises various service providers such as Vodafone-Panafon (the Greek subsidiary of Vodafone plc) and Digea SA (subsidiary of the main privately-owned Greek nationwide television stations offering networking, multiplexing and broadcasting) on all business matters, including major day-to-day issues, regulatory compliance, EMF and antennas installation issues, fining and competition law issues, access rights, as well as on major cases to be litigated, including data protection/interception cases and commercial cases.
In addition, he has extensive experience in drafting telecommunication contracts and, in particular, colocation and network sharing contracts, while he has been involved in due diligence exercises in practically most of the important IT companies active in the Greek market, such as Wind Hellas, Hellas on Line and Forthnet. He has a close and well appreciated cooperation with the competent Administrative Authorities in the sector as well as with the competent Ministries. He is advising the Mobile Industry Association, since its establishment. He is present in all debates, advocacy and law-making initiatives for shaping or revising the electronic communications enforcement framework, which gives him invaluable experience and insights on the sector. Regularly advises Bloomberg on regulatory and security policy issues.
Co-contributor of the chapter on Technology- Media- E-Communications -Internet: Privacy & Personal Data Protection in the Electronic Communications Sector in the Greek Law Digest (3rd edition 2019).
Co-contributor of the chapter on Technology- Media- E-Communications -Internet: Radio and TV in the Greek Law Digest (2nd edition 2016).
Participant and co-speaker to the 2nd Congress of Pharmaceutical law and Ethics: Personal Data in the context of international cooperation against Corruption (on medical -pharmaceutical sector)