As the Managing Partner of Koutalidis Law Firm, Nikos leads our team with his in-depth legal knowledge and team spirit, holding the provision of excellence-driven solutions to our clients as his daily mission.
At the same time, thanks to his extensive and internationally acclaimed experience in M&A, Banking, Finance & Restructuring, as well as Capital Markets he is particularly active in assuming challenging undertakings and complicated projects both in the Greek and the international corporate market. Recognised repeatedly by esteemed world class associations of the legal world, indicatively, as a top tier lawyer in IFLR and as an eminent practitioner in Chambers and Partners, Nikos combines his active approach with uncompromised professionalism.
- London University (LL.M. in International Business Law)
University of Athens Faculty of Laws (LL.B.)
- Managing Partner in Koutalidis Law Firm, Head of Banking and Finance Department.
- Member of the Athens Bar Association.
- Member of the BoD of the Association of Greek Law Firms.
IFLR 1000 - Banking & Finance (Greece), , Market Leader
IFLR 1000 - Capital Markets (Greece), , Market Leader
IFLR 1000 - M&A (Greece), , Market Leader
Chambers and Partners - Banking & Finance (Greece), Eminent Practitioner
The 2019 Chambers reports describe: Managing partner Nikos Koritsas continues to impress the market with his finance expertise. He has experience of mandates involving project finance agreements.
Managing partner Nikos Koritsas is held in high regard for his considerable experience and expertise in the Greek corporate market. He handles a broad range of transactions, assisting banks and investment funds, as well as companies from sectors such as the shipping industry.
Recent work includes advice to:
- United Group B.V. in its acquisition of WIND Hellas, one of Greece’s three mobile operators with a total of 4.2 million users and revenues in excess of EUR 500 million annually.
- The Mandated Lead Arrangers and issuance advisors, namely Eurobank and Piraeus Bank, on the €650m rights offering of Lamda Development S.A. (one of the largest listed real estate development companies in Greece) admitted to trading on the Athens Exchange, the largest non-financial share capital increase that has taken place in Greece over the last decade
Mandated Lead Arrangers (the four Greek Systemic Banks and Euroxx Securities) and the issuance advisors (Eurobank and Piraeus Bank) on Lamda Development’s issuance of a Euro320mil. bond loan through a public offering admitted to trading on the Athens Exchange, one of the largest bonds’ public offerings that have taken place in Greece over the last years (in terms of the amount raised)
J.P. Morgan Securities plc, Goldman Sachs International and HSBC Bank plc (Initial Purchasers) and J.P. Morgan Europe Limited (Agent) on the €525 million high yield bond issued by Crystal Almond S.á.r.l., guaranteed by its subsidiary Wind Hellas Telecommunications S.A. and the €75 million revolving facility agreement
Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse as Global Coordinators on the €500m fixed rate unsecured bond issue and tender for notes purchase launched by Hellenic Petroleum and listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange
Alpha Bank, Eurobank, NBG and Piraeus Bank in relation to the sale of their participation in the two (2) Athex listed fish farm companies, Nireus and Selonda and their €360mio debt restructuring
Nexans Participations S.A. in its voluntary tender offer to acquire 100% of the shares of Nexans Hellas S.A.